As the cooler temperatures approach, it’s a great time to plan a winter getaway vacation to a warmer destination. If you are traveling within the United States, everyone who reads my blog would know one of my favorite recommended locations is visiting the beaches of Florida and a trip to Disney World.
But how about someplace more exotic? Prices are often surprisingly affordable, and more and more locations are catering to families with kids. Resorts offer more services and areas to accommodate children than even before. Attractions welcome children, with hands on activities and opportunities for exploration. With that in mind, here are some reasons to consider a family vacation to Bandung, Indonesia.
Family Friendly Activities in Bandung, Indonesia
Millions of tourists visit Bandung, Indonesia each year. Bandung is one of Indonesia’s top family destinations, and they enjoy relatively cool tropical weather.
Here are just a few of the family friendly activities you can enjoy there:
- Feed the deer at the Ranca Upas Deer Conservation Park.
- Visit a tea plantation.
- Do some shopping at the outlet stores found the Dago district.
- Fun for all ages when you take a dip in the hot springs waterpark at Ciwidey Valley Waterpark.
- Explore an abandoned quarry, which has been converted to a play park. Enjoy what has now become a small lake, and take a canoe out onto the water for some active fun and unique perspective.
- Take in the culture at Saung Angklung Udjo – Daily shows at Angklung Petang start at 3:30 pm, and include Sundanese music, demonstrations of traditional dance, culture and art. You’ll be treated to the sound of a calming Angklung instrument, a traditional instrument made wholly from bamboo.
- Dine aboard the pirate ship Pisnis Resto, sitting on fun bean bag chairs and surrounded by beautiful mountain views.
- Enjoy the gardens and playgrounds, take a hot air balloon ride, try your hand at pottery, or shoot a round of mini golf at Dusun Bambu Leisure Parks.
- Tour the Hobbit house at The Farm House combines agriculture and film, themed after Lord of the Rings.
- Experience an active volcano at Tangkuban Perahu – Drive right up to the crater rim of this active volcano, the only in Indonesia where you can drive so close to such a feature. Take in it’s unique boatlike shape and astonishing views. Walk right among the sulpher fumes to explore the area. Now that’s adventure! There is no charge, and the area is accessible 24 hours per day.
Check the Bandung tourism site for more ideas, and tips on how best to get there.
Bandung, Indonesia Where to Stay?
If your family plans a stay to Indonesia, check website of V Hotel Bandung. They feature both hotel rooms and roomier residences, and are a great find for travelers who wish to travel comfortably on a budget.
At V Hotel Bundung Wi-fi is available in public areas, there’s a restaurant and coffee shop on site, fitness center, and an outdoor swimming pool for the kids.
*o* *o* *o*
Considerations provided by brands mentioned in this post.